Monday, January 12, 2009

Menu Plan Monday (Click Picture to Enlarge)



Check out my menu for this week. Click the picture to see the details.







Best Soup Ever!


I made the absolutely best soup this past weekend and thought I would share it with you. I make versions of this soup all the time, but this was by far the best! Everyone agreed, which is no easy feat in a house of eleven! There is nothing like yummy, hot homemade soup. Have a great week.



Vegetable Beef and Sausage Soup

Brown until no longer pink.



1 lb. Hamburger
3 Italian Sausage links
1 large Onion, chopped
5 cloves Garlic, finely chopped


Add and saute for a few minutes

½ head cabbage, chopped



Add and simmer until tender



5-6 cups Beef Broth (Homemade only!)
5-6 carrots, chopped
3-4 stalks celery, chopped




Add and cook until tender



3-4 small zucchini, chopped
1 lb. Spinach
6 cups (ish) various cooked beans (black, pinto, kidney ect.)




Serve with Homemade bread or rolls and grated Parmesan cheese

Feel free to look around my teensy corner of blogworld. I love to encourage women in their roles of being a godly wife, mother and managers of their homes. Thanks for coming.

Check out more Menu Plans here.


Check out my "Embracing the Mess" article.

Or

"Thus Far Has the Lord Helped Us"

3 comments:

Susan said...

WOW! Your menu plan and task list are so detailed, I am amazed! I love the idea of getting your tasks down on paper so you know what to prepare for upcoming meals. That is really a great idea.

busymomof10 said...

I'm going to try your soup recipe for dinner tomorrow night. I saw that Winn Dixie had the Italian Sausage on sale B1G1F. It sounds good! I wonder if you double that for your family? I have a bunch of big eaters!!!

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

This is about the size I made for our family without any leftovers, we like a very hearty soup, not a lot of broth. I sort of guessed on the amounts, I really never measure, sorry. Please let me know how it turns out!