Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Faithful God


Today was my bread baking day. Due to recent health issues I absolutely was not up to baking. I had about twenty loaves to make today. Tuesdays are also cleaning day, piano day and Hebrew class for the 'bigs'. I cried out to my Father, here is a excerpt from my journal this morning.


"Keep me today, Lord. Bless the work of my hands. Thank You that you bless my bread and my 'kneading trough'. Lord, I am tired and weak. Weak in body, weak in mind and weak in spirit. But, this I know, You alone are my Strength. In my utter weakness, You show Yourself strong. I rest me in You! Be Thou my Strength, my Victory, my Joy, my Hope."


I must shout from the rooftops, my God is so faithful! I was able to make all my bread, plus a batch of hamburg buns and a batch of flat bread. I also had the strength to clean up and keep a joyful heart as I did all this work. Ladies, if you knew how I felt this morning you would know just what a blessing this was. But God, never just giving enough, well, let's just say that my bread probably has never looked and tasted better!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Would you share your bread recipes? Especially for the hamburger buns. Thanks! I love to make bread but haven't yet found a recipe that I just love and my family will eat.

The Pennington Point said...

I am with you! I make bread once a week an I know how hard it is to do when you're not feeling well. Praise God! Lisa~

busymomof10 said...

Your bread looks beautiful!!! What a wonderful testimony -- that the Bread of Life enabled you to make your family's bread! How about posting your bread recipe?