Friday, January 2, 2009

Desires, Hopes and Dreams For the New Year

First of all, let me say that I am continually encouraged and challenged by other women out here in 'blogworld'. One lady in particular has a most beautiful blog that so expresses my heart and writes in a way I could only hope to. It is with excitement that I check her blog because the Lord ALWAYS uses it to speak to my heart.

But something odd happened the other day concerning her. I read her profile, and guess what? The Lord used it to challenge me again. Not her blog, her profile! It went like this:

Interests
Exalting God
Favorite Movies
The kind that exalt God.
Favorite Music
Exalting God music
Favorite Books
Can you guess?

I don't know why it hit me like it did, but WOW. Of course I desire to exalt God with my life, but somehow this made me question all the choices I make for my time, my viewing, my listening, my reading ect. Do I filter them through what I am now calling my "Exalting God" filter?

So, my prayers and dreams for the year??


  • Seeking to exalt God in all I do and say! ( I know this might sound trite, but it was huge to me)
  • to be sweeter
  • to be gentler
  • to be kinder
  • to speak softer
  • to love more

I am sure you are jumping out of your skin to know who this woman is. She can be found at "A Wise Woman Builds Her Home"

1 comment:

Victoria said...

I also love this woman's blog.

And also I want to be these things too.

*to be Sweeter

*To be Gentler

*To be Kinder

*To Speak Softer

*And to Love More

these posts really encourages me.:)