Friday, January 9, 2009

Surprise Birthday Wish!! (To a man uncomfortable with public acclaim)

Dearest Brian,

Happy Birthday! It really isn't just because I get to go on a date with you that today is special! Really, though I love dates with you.

It is special because today is the day, forty-six years ago God finished His work of knitting you together is your mother's womb, and brought you forth. I imagine it was with great joy your parents celebrated the birth of their first son! I'm also sure they had no idea what a gift you truly would be.

When God was forming and fashioning you, I'm so glad all the days He had written about you included me!

Brian, I know we say it so often, but I cannot even fathom the depth of our love, the joy of this marriage and the unity we share. What a precious and priceliss gift you are to me.

I cannot imagine going through what we have been through without the gracious gift of this love.


You are more than I could have ever hoped for in a husband and father. I wonder so often what I did to deserve you. Then I am reminded, you are a gift from my Father, and like all His gifts they are given, not at all because we deserve them, but because He loves us.


Praising God for the wonder of you!

I will rejoice in You, I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High!

Blessed is the man who fears the Lord, who delights greatly in His commandments. His offspring shall be mighty upon the earth.



Lord, may Brian's heart trust in me. May I comfort, encourage and do him only good as long as I live!


Happy Birthday, Honey!

Love Always,
Me

3 comments:

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

I hope you are not mad about the post...(smiles)

I think we should start our date earlier!

Love you

Gloria said...

Happy Birthday, Brian! May God richly bless you this year abundantly above all you may ask or think!

Gloria
Nice tribute, Michelle!

Victoria said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!
May the Lord bless you, and keep you, and ever make his face to shine upon you!