I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living. (Psalm 27:13)
On this side of a tremendously dark and painful season, (in which I was healed, our family was delivered and our son came home) I am so happy to say that the Lord really does give us beauty for ashes and joy really does come in the morning.
If you are in that dark season, please, please do not lose heart. You will see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. Especially as you look to Him each moment of the day recognizing the gifts He gives all day, everyday!
The counting continues . . . I am into the 800’s, closing in on One Thousand Gifts!
- quiet times
- Isaiah 48 and 49!
- teaching the children to “speak” the Word of God
- ‘your motorbike is fabulous’ says the 3 year old
- sweet good-byes to husband each morning
- seeing a dear friend after such a long time
- house full of children
- fingerprints on windows, again
- laundry, laundry, laundry, all dirty, again
- emails from mamas whose heart are full of ache
- feeling the pain of others
- praying in the middle of the night
- sweet fellowship with Jesus in the night
- joy and sorrow, mingled
- Grey Flannel cologne
- buttery popcorn
- children who are so helpful with the running of this house
- Pesto Sourdough bread!
- Little boy ‘piggy toes’
- Saturday morning latte meeting
- Little girls who grow up way too fast, she is 10! now
- Precious time with my grandson
- Little boys who beg for ‘black bean salsa’ for breakfast instead of oatmeal
- Crayons! 100’s and 100’s of crayons!
- Little girls who love to read
- Crazy family pictures
- Matthew and Elisa home from GA!