This song, How Deep The Father’s Love For Us, is my favorite song right now. I have come to believe that the root to so much heartache, so much emotional pain, and dare I say, physical illness? is a lack of really knowing and understanding the love of our Father.
So many illnesses are rooted in fear at some level.
There is no fear in love; but perfect love casteth out fear: because fear hath torment. He that feareth is not made perfect in love. (1 John 4:18)
He loves us perfectly. My prayer for all of us?
May Christ through your faith [actually] dwell (settle down, abide, make His permanent home) in your hearts! May you be rooted deep in love and founded securely on love,
That you may have the power and be strong to apprehend and grasp with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth [of it];
[That you may really come] to know [practically, through experience for yourselves] the love of Christ, which far surpasses mere knowledge [without experience]; that you may be filled [through all your being] unto all the fullness of God [may have the richest measure of the divine Presence, and become a body wholly filled and flooded with God Himself]!
Now to Him Who, by (in consequence of) the [action of His] power that is at work within us, is able to [carry out His purpose and] do superabundantly, far over and above all that we [dare] ask or think [infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, hopes, or dreams]--
To Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations forever and ever. Amen (so be it).
So, I continue the search for His love in the gifts He gives me each day . . .
- challenge to ‘not complain’ today
- Philippians chapter two
- JOY, choosing joy, how it bubbles
- love, mad love for my man
- pretty scripture cards
- blowing snow
- time to slow
- keeping Elijah next to me
- finishing Ann’s book with deep, wide-eyed wonder
- deep love
- “one” with Brian
- Isabella reading book to Elijah
- more depth to this love of His/his
- everything is a gift-because You are here-every moment
- Love Came Down and Rescued Me
- giving thanks makes me whole
- “this is important to my heart” (Elijah)
- Brian calling me out of the blue
- Brian, my detail man!
- Wow! Your Word!
- pushed to trust
- feeling like a wet-dishrag
- sweet talk with my new daughter
- spaghetti dinner
- making food for Matthew and Elisa’s trip
- writing a note for each day of their trip
- they went!
- making pretzels
- Elijah singing
- date with Brian
- fun movies
- six straight hours of sleep