Saturday, February 5, 2011

Word of the Year Check-up

It has been a little over a month now since some of us received ‘words’ from the Lord or made some goals and/or resolutions.  I wanted to put out a little reminder and see how everyone was doing.

If you totally forgot or have really dropped the ball, there is still time, still hope!  Don’t give up!!

I have done a few things  to really keep the vision before me.  The first thing I did was type up the ‘vision’ I believe the Lord set before me for the year. (Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. Hab. 2:2)

I have printed multiple copies.  I keep one in my planner and my quiet time journal.  These two things are ‘constants’ in my life, so it is ever before me.  Put them wherever you will see it every day.

Another thing I do is sign each and every email or blog comment with, Relentlessly Pursuing, so as to constantly remind myself that this is indeed what my focus is this year.  Relentlessly Pursuing.  I wonder if others will get sick of seeing it, but I need to do things like this to keep it in my face.

I have to say that this year, by far, has been the most successful at keeping my focus.  Granted, it is only February 5, so time will tell.  I believe this is the year, though.  I have great hope and ever increasing faith that God is behind all this focus and He is more than supplying the grace to live it.

How are you doing??  Share your struggles or successes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have not forgotten either, Michelle. In fact I have been working hard for a month now to Reclaim my year.

I have a new challenge going on over at my blog and I'm wondering if you would like to participate. Here is the link: http://lynishiskid.blogspot.com/2011/01/day-in-our-life-blog-hop-woman-of-noble.html

Thank you for the reminder and tips to help keep me focused. Have a blessed day!

cooperkelly4 said...

Things are going well with my word ("be still") One thing I did was I had a necklace made (christmas gift money!) and I had it made to say be still on the one side and the Bible verse reference on the other side. I love the literal sweet reminder. Also, the book by Ann Voskamp (One thousand gifts---love it!) has been inspiring to be still in my soul and make that possible to practice in a practical way too. Loving this place that God has be in as I am learning to be still. ♥