Thursday, January 8, 2009

Letter to My Daughters Concerning the Sufficiency of God's Grace

Dearest Precious Daughters,

It has taken mama sometime to realize this, so I thought I would share it with you now so maybe, by the grace of God, you will learn it much sooner.

You will hear thousands of times that God's grace is sufficient. You will hear it spoken concerning many different circumstances.

I want to share one very practical and important area this truth covers.

When you are up in the middle of the night, several nights in a row, with a very sick baby, if you believe that His grace is sufficient, it will turn out to be a most precious time.

It is sometimes hard to keep your mind stayed on Him when your body is weak from exhaustion, and possibly sick too. The thoughts and fears for your baby, the dread of having to be a mama to the rest of the children tomorrow, the frustration of just wanting to sleep, possibly even frustration with God, because He could just make it better.

Daughters, quiet your mind, submit your heart and life afresh to Him in that moment.
Determine and delight to do His will in this very moment, cry out loud if you have to "I know Jesus, Your grace is sufficient."

Say it again and again as you care for your wee one. Believe it with your whole heart.
Do you want to know just what might happen? I'll share my experience.

It turns into a beautiful, worshipful night. I feel His Love, His grace, Him gently caring for me as I care for this baby as unto the Lord.

Learn this truth, daughter and you will save yourself many a selfish, frustrating night.

It is a privilege and honor to care for these little ones. Especially with the realization it is for our great King and Lord that we do so.
Lovingly,
Mama

I was sick and you visited Me . . .Truly I tell you in so far as you did it for one of the least of these My brethren, you did it for Me. (Matthew 25)

1 comment:

Victoria said...

THANK YOU!!!!!
Very Encouraging!!!!!