1. They usually have the lowest prices on new books. I always check them first before ordering or buying in my local bookstore.
2. They almost always have free shipping on their new books!
3. Amazon's used book section is huge~just make sure the price of book plus shipping is still considerably less than a new book with free shipping! I have bought used books for as little as a penny plus $3.49 shipping.
4. Search out grocery items on Amazon! I only buy from them if it is free shipping and the same or less than what I pay locally. It saves me a trip to the store for those particular items and is delivered to my door from my sweet and friendly UPS man!
Things we buy from Amazon currently are:
Eden organic popcorn~cheaper than health food store and free shipping!
Organic Tortilla chips~cheaper than coop price and free shipping!
Organic Agave Nectar~cheaper than coop price and free shipping!
Disposable Diapers, the price has gone up recently, so I check it now and again.
5. We always check Amazon first for music CDs and DVDs.
6. Selling on Amazon!
A side note that has been profitable for us is selling our used items on Amazon. I like it better than ebay in some instances. It is so easy to list and I don't have to think about it until I get an email telling me "sold, ship now!" They deposit earnings into my checking account. The items you are selling have to be something they sell new or used, unlike ebay, where you can sell anything. You do a search for your product, make sure it is exactly the same, click the 'sell yours here' button and follow the prompts! It is so easy. My son has recently sold new headphones he bought cheap on ebay for quite a profit on Amazon.
I hope these ideas bless you today in your quest to find ways to save money.
If you are a Mama who could use some encouragement, check out my Motherhood section.
Or, maybe ideas for Keeping the Home.
You may find tons more great ideas at Biblical Womanhood.
P.S. I don't work for Amazon :)