It is one thing to be willing to lay down all your hopes and desires for being a mama, believing that the Lord will bring them about someday. It is quite another, I am finding, to fully embrace being a mama.
Laying down your little box of desires to hopefully pick them up again certainly is a worthy and admirable thing, and definitely a great step. But what about not just packing them away in a pretty little box, pining away for what could have been and might yet be?
Oh for the revelation to all mamas of the unbelievable and undeniable beauty and wisdom in God's plan for them. What if we get to the place where we finally get that this, this calling of mamahood is more than we could have ever hoped or dreamed for?
Where do you find your heart?
- Not at all realizing the beauty of being a mama?
- Holding tightly to your pretty little box of dreams?
- Frustrated because you feel you are not using your gifts?
- Unable to really minister because you are stuck at home? Looking forward to the day when you can finally really serve? Finally get to do all the things you want to do?
- Is your heart divided between being a mama and real fulfillment?
- Are you longing to feel joy, peace and contentment?
- Or, are you fully reveling in the beauty and wisdom of God in being a mama?
I have to admit after twenty-one years of being a mama I think I am just now entering into the revelation of the awesomeness of this calling. I still teeter back and forth at times, but I think I might actually be getting it. I praise God for His patience and long suffering towards my willful and rebellious heart. I praise and thank Him for this work that He, and He alone, has brought about. If there is any fruit, and beauty, it is because of Him.
Don't let this discourage you or condemn you. We are all somewhere on this spectrum, and wherever we are is by God's perfect will. Rest in that and know He will bring you to that place where you find complete fulfillment, complete joy, and peace in His perfect will for your life.
He loves you with an everlasting love. He has called you and He will gently lead you. He truly does give you the desires of your heart.