Tuesday, October 2, 2012

One of My Favorite Quotes

Sally Clarkson has been an encouragement in my role as a mama for many, many years.  I recently rediscovered her blog and am encouraged all over again.

There is one quote from Sally that has shaped my life more than any other quote.  It is,

“In the absence of biblical conviction, people will go the way of culture.”

I have been so challenged over the years by this quote. We have been laughed at, ridiculed and questioned by many, including Christians, for our convictions and refusal to go the way of culture in so many areas.  It was the foundation of biblical conviction that has kept us steady.  (that, and my uber-steady husband. Winking smile)

I now challenge you to examine your life, your heart.  What areas have you ‘gone the way of culture’ due to the lack of biblical conviction?

This is a tough one, isn’t it?

1 comment:

cooperkelly4 said...

Yay! Welcome back. Love Sally Clarkson. =0) I think this quote is so true! Training diligently every day then, "when they are OLD, they will not depart from it."
lol, how old is "old"? =0)