Wednesday, November 10, 2010

As Thou Hast Believed . . .


And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour. (Matthew 8:13)

Then touched he their eyes, saying, According to your faith be it unto you. (Matthew 9:29)

What exactly am I believing? Am I believing that today is going to be the same as tomorrow? Do I believe that today just might be better? Do I believe that there is no hope, the situation is not changing . . . because if I am that might be why that is what I am getting!

As thou hast believed . . . I am challenged to look at what I am believing. What I believe is what I am thinking. Here we go with the 'take every thought captive' principle again ;-)

According to your faith be it unto you . . . Really? What is my faith (what I am believing) in? Ouch!

And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him! (Matthew 8:26-27)
Why am I fearful over that situation? Even the wind and sea obey Him!! When the wind of doubt comes screaming at me, or a wave of fear . . . when all I hear is GIVE UP, there is no hope . . . when I feel like I am barely able to keep my head above the raging sea, I rise up and say, "I will NOT fear, for even the wind and sea obey You!!"
Check your thoughts, what are you 'believing' for today?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the encouragement!

Anonymous said...

I added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.

God Bless You :-)

~Ron

Barb J. said...

I really needed to hear this today... thank you.