Monday, November 8, 2010

Look What I Found While I Was Organizing



Do you see all those bottles? Do you know how much money was spent on all those pills? And this isn't even all the supplements I WAS on!

I have since repented for turning to man and man's ways to find healing.

For me, the sins behind Adrenal Fatigue were, fear (as in stress and anxiety), performance, drivenness, and perfectionism, lack of trust in God, self and others. Also, a lot of self-unforgiveness and self- bitterness. Perhaps I will elaborate on these in future posts sharing how they manifested in my life.

To make a very long story short, up to 80% of illnesses have spiritual roots. Meaning, there is sin behind them and when the sin is repented of and removed many people are restored to health. No, not every case is the same nor do ALL illnesses have spiritual roots. Sickness is a curse, though. Deuteronomy 28 lists the blessings and the curses. Not one sickness is in the list of the blessings, but on the contrary sicknesses are in the list of curses.

IF YOU will listen diligently to the voice of the Lord your God, being watchful to do all His commandments which I command you this day, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. And all these blessings shall come upon you and overtake you if you heed the voice of the Lord your God. . .

But if you will not obey the voice of the Lord your God, being watchful to do all His commandments and His statutes which I command you this day, then all these curses shall come upon you and overtake you . . . (Deut. 28:1, 2, 15)

Obedience brings blessings. Disobedience brings curses.

BLESS (AFFECTIONATELY, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul; and all that is [deepest] within me, bless His holy name!
Bless (affectionately, gratefully praise) the Lord, O my soul, and forget not [one of] all His benefits-- Who forgives [every one of] all your iniquities, Who heals [each one of] all your diseases . . . (Psalm 103:1-3)

If you are suffering from an illness, it is at the very least worth it to humble yourself and seek the Lord to see if maybe, just maybe, there is a more excellent way. I had to change my mindset (as it was wrong), threw out a bunch of lies, renew my mind, and receive the truth that makes me free.

Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. (3 John 2)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

About 12 years ago, the Lord began a healing in me of UC. The medicine I was on caused my blood to be pre-cancerous. If I would have continued down that road, I would be dead today. I am not suggesting everyone throw out their medicine, but as followers of Jesus, Christians MUST listen to Him and follow as He desires of us. When I went off the medicine, (which my Christian doctor also suggested) healing began. I know it was also the result of the prayers of many prayer warriors. Thank you for sharing your testimony!
I also want to thank you for speaking what the Lord places on your heart. You challenge me and encourage me to dig deeper into my heart and root out that which is underneath.
Your sister in Christ,
Ruth

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are doing better!

cooperkelly4 said...

wow! can you believe that!!! God has set you free!! woohoo and rejoicing with ya!