Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Prayer For Today



Oh Lord, how complete is my need of Thee!  
To Thee I come, give me a gracious renewing of Thy life 
till my reasoning powers, 
my imagination, 
and my speaking are all of Thee.  
I seek Thy touch and thrilling grace today.
(Oswald Chambers)

This prayer could not have expressed my heart and need better today.
Also,

Why, O Jacob, do you say, and declare, O Israel, 

My way and my lot are hidden from the Lord, 

and my right is passed over without regard from my God?

    Have you not known? Have you not heard? 

The everlasting God, the Lord, the Creator of the ends of the earth, 

does not faint or grow weary; there is no searching of His understanding.

   He gives power to the faint and weary

and to him who has no might He increases strength

    Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall feebly stumble and fall exhausted;

    But those who wait for the Lord [who expect, look for, and hope in Him] shall change and renew their strength and power; 

they shall lift their wings and mount up [close to God] as eagles [mount up to the sun]; 

they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired.

What about you, do you have a favorite verse or prayer for those days when you feel you really need someone to come and scrape you off the floor?



1 comment:

Mary said...

Yes, the classic "all things worketh together for good." I wonder, "what will the Lord do with this?" Also, I love the verse in James that says, "Elijah was A MAN LIKE US, and he prayed....".