Thursday, February 5, 2009

Overwhelmed by His Love


The things weighing heavy on my heart today are not of earth shattering importance. They are things that are pressing, decisions seemingly need to be made and there 'seems' no clear answer.

I once again, in my quiet time, come before the Lord and poured out my heart. He is always faithful to listen, encourage, and comfort through His Word. But today, He chooses one of those precious times when he overwhelms me with His love. Every word I read speaks right to the very core of my heart! My mouth falls open in astonishment. How does He do this? How can this be speaking exactly to my situation? I mean exactly?!
The message He is speaking is not nearly as important as the wonder and awe that it produces. I feel it from the very top of my head to my toes; an overwhelming sense of His love. There is nothing I can do but close my eyes and weep, basking in the love of my God.

You know, any time we spend in secret communion with the Lord is certainly sweet. We are blessed recipients of mercy and grace everyday, but, oh, how utterly overwhelming when the God of the universe, the Great I AM, El Shaddai Himself seems to just saturate you with His presence, wrapping you with His love and gently hiding you under the Shadow of His Wings!
HE WHO dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand]. I will say of the Lord, He is my Refuge and my Fortress, my God; on Him I lean and rely, and in Him I [confidently] trust! (Psalm 91:1-2)

One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple. (Ps. 27:4)


Dear Daughters and women of God, do you know of His tenderness and love? Do you take time to seek Him each and every day? Have you been overwhelmed by His love? Pour your hearts out to Him, He is faithful!



No comments: