Friday, February 27, 2009

Blog Party Updates


Okay ladies, next week Monday begins our unique opportunity to fellowship via blog world! As I look outside at the brown muddy earth and gray sky, I am thrilled with the Lord's timing of this party. I sure need some cheer, warmth and light-heartedness that a week long party is sure to bring!

I am so happy you all are joining in. We even have Linda from Australia! And Joy from Indonesia! Most of you already have the party button and some of you have a post inviting others. Those who don't might want to do that soon.


Don't forget to get your 'intro/party' post written this weekend. This is the post that tells us who you are, the heart behind your blog, your interests, ect. I am working on editing/reducing mine, it's gotten a bit long ;-) Not that long is bad, mine's just a bit too wordy!


When you are ready to 'link' your 'intro/party' post just come here and link up with Mr. Linky. If you are unsure of how to do it, we will hopefully will have it explained. :) It really is so easy. Once you do, everyone who comes to my blog that week will see your link and have direct access to your blog. Be sure to welcome them!

I am praying about some fun things to do each of the four days next week. One thought I have had is that my writing seems to fall into four main categories based on Titus 2:3-5:

Sober of mind. . .Spiritual Encouragement
Love their husbands . . . Godly wife
Love their children . . . Motherhood
Keepers of the home . . . Keeping the home.

So I think I might focus on one of those things each of the four days. Maybe recommended resources, something humorous, questions to answer. I would even like to have mini-giveaways each day in addition to the BIG GRAND PRIZE GIVEAWAY on Friday morning! You do not want to miss that! Other ideas include favorite family recipes, funny videos, creative ideas, great tips, the ideas are endless really.


Don't let this party burden you. Let the Lord lead what you do. You are only required to put up your 'intro/party' post next week. If that is all you are able to do, then that is more than sufficient. Don't compare to what others are doing! You do what is right for you! We do not want this to distract us from being Titus 2 women. Keep proper balance.


I am so excited to see what the Lord has planned. Hopefully the uplifting of His name and the encouragement of the saints!


4 comments:

busymomof10 said...

I've had your button on my blog for a few days, but just discovered that it wasn't working! So, I've re-pasted it on there. Hopefully, it is working right now!

I have not posted an invitation and I'm not sure what to say for my blog introduction! I need to work on that this weekend I guess.

anyway, I'm limping along here, but wanted you to know that I do plan to participate!

blessings,
Elizabeth

Unknown said...

I am really looking forward to this time. I am writing my invitation post as we speak, well as I type this, I am also working on that. Thank you for hosting a much needed "party"!
Amanda

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

I'm new to this, so please stop by my page to see if I did everything right. Looking forward to a great time!

Randall and Rachel Beita said...

This is such a great idea. I put your button on my blog and wrote an invitation. Can´t wait for some like minded, Godly fellowship. I don´t get much of this in Costa Rica and I hope to have lots of time this week to rest with a cup of tea, get encoraged and deepen my walk with the Lord through this time.

I cam to your blog through the button on Joy´s blog.