Thursday, January 26, 2012

{re}imagined Closet Doors

I wanted to give you a peek at our closet doors.  I painted them with Old White and have begun hand painting a French Graphic on them.  It is going much quicker than I thought, though still time consuming. 

I am not sure if the pictures do it justice, but they are turning out amazing!  I will distress them once I am done and then wax them.  What do you think?

P1050724

First I traced the graphic with carbon paper behind it.  Yes, they still sell carbon paper, right by the only typewriter in Office Max. Winking smile

P1050726

Here it is once I traced it.

P1050730

 

Here I have begun filling in with my ultra-skinny paint brush.  Isn’t it looking so cool???

P1050733

I know precious little of what it says, hopefully nothing to risqué.  (blouses and pantalons are obvious)

May God bless you and keep you!!

6 comments:

His bondservant said...

Looks beautiful Michelle…where did you get the original? Love the idea. Can't wait to see when it is completed. You are one talented lady!

Unknown said...

Such creativity. That will be beautiful!

busymomof10 said...

Love it! It will be beautiful and create so much atmosphere in your home! How do you ever find the time and energy for these projects??? Please make sure you show us the finished project.

Unknown said...

You are seriously one creative lady!

Anonymous said...

Mouchoirs is Handkerchiefs :D

The Prudent Homemaker said...

Handkerchiefs, ties, corsets, blouses would be like camisoles, and underwear

You should submit your finished project to the The Graphics Fairy when you're done!