Saturday, August 7, 2010

Happy Days!

Thank you for all my birthday wishes! Thank you to my sweet son, Joshua, for surprising me with that post.

While the week started out very sad and gloomy, the Lord certainly redeemed it and turned my mourning into dancing. On my birthday the children really blessed me with fun family time out by the pool and then a wonderful dinner, complete with table cloth, flowers and candles.

Brian surprised me with a Costco cake!! Chocolate with chocolate mousse! Does it get any better?? ;-)

Friday, Brian and I had to whole day to ourselves! We stopped at an antique store and then spent the entire gorgeous day on the beach at his parents. They have a home on Lake Michigan. We had the beach ALL to ourselves!



The ONLY drawback to the private beach is this walk down, well, the walk up too. But trust me, I am NOT complaining, though my calf muscles are today ;-)


This is the view down one way on the beach. Notice, not a person in sight!
This is the view the other way . . . again, nobody in sight!
Just these two, goofy, madly in love people!
We enjoyed the beauty and solitude. We read our bibles, prayed for our children and just rested! It was such a blessing after a difficult week.
Can you believe it? Just look at those clouds trying to creep in on my perfect day! Just kidding, it was perfect, but these truly were about the only clouds of the day.
Isn't it gorgeous. I have this thing with going to the beach. My family can hardly get me to go home. We have been blessed with years of being able to have our family vacation on a private beach. Every time I am on the beach I never want to leave. Even when we run out of food and water, I try to drag it out as long as I can.
This may be, in part, why I don't want to leave the beach ;-) Ugh, the dreaded steps. It is so worth it though.
Did I mention that we were the ONLY people on the beach the whole day! All this glory and beauty just for us! So spoiled, I know. Praise the Lord for His mercy and love poured out to us this beautiful day.

13 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderfully perfect day! So glad you had the blessing of such a wonderful day at the end of a very difficult week. God is so good to us, isn't He? He always knows JUST what will make our hard times easier. What a blessing. :)

busymomof10 said...

Your trip to the beach was a blessing! Beautiful pics! I know the climb was worth it, but those do look like some challenging steps! So glad you had a relaxing birthday!!!

cooperkelly4 said...

what a great day! Where in MI? I am originally from Kalamazoo, MI. =0)

Farmgirl Cyn said...

He truly redeemed the week the locust had eaten, eh???

Heather said...

Wow that is gorgeous!!!! Glad you had a great day with your man!! Happy late birthday!

Natalie said...

That is like a super blessing! Beautiful pictures... the stairs were totally worth it. :) Glad y'all had a great time! Praise YHWH. <3

kathy said...

Praise the Lord for beautiful, refreshing perfect days!

Cranberry Morning said...

Okay, I am drooling over those photos! How gorgeous and peaceful that beach and water look! Glad you had such a perfect day.

God continues to bless us, doesn't He!

Gloria said...

Oh, WOW!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Sorry this is late. Be blessed with many fruitful years to come!!
Oh, the beach! Yes, I grew up on the MI beach. Your post and pics sure bring back the memories!! So glad you had such an awesome time!! Sigh...
Hey, pop over to my blog and see our big news, if you can.
Love you girl,
Gloria

Unknown said...

I love, love, love Lake Michigan! What a beautiful day!

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

A private beach! Wow! I would love that opportunity. Glad you enjoyed it. Rest is always good especially when we're going through challenges.

Roxanne said...

Lovely. Oh, oh, I have to type in "preging" to get this to work! Do you have an announcement for us???

Regan Family Farm said...

Well my goodness, how gorgeous is that? And if you look at it just right, with all those stairs, you probably can go weeks without exercising! Gotta love that!
Miss you~
Kathy