Thursday, August 5, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

This is Joshua, Michelle’s third son.

She doesn’t know that I am doing this but I wanted to let you all know that today is my mom’s 38th birthday. (Though she is really 44. She would like to think that she is only 38) I suppose that almost everybody thinks that their mother is the best in the world, I really think that my mom tops them all. She is the most loving and kind person I know. She shows by her actions and words that she really cares for us and truly loves the Lord with all her heart, soul, and mind.

Without our mom, the whole household would fall apart. If she didn’t direct chores and school, nothing would ever get done. She also makes the best food ever. Even though she doesn’t make every meal, she certainly plans and directs those she doesn’t make, as well as having taught us all we know about cooking. And let me say that the meals she doesn’t make aren’t anywhere as good as the meals she does make. (No offense to my older brother)

Now I know that my mom isn’t perfect, but what really matters is that she loves God and is trying her hardest to please him. Every morning she starts the day with a lengthy quiet time with God and throughout the day, in her free moments (which are usually seconds), she tries to read the Bible.

I haven’t been the best son to her, and have caused her a fair share of pain, but I love her just the same, and I am confident that she loves me.

Happy Birthday Mom!



This is my Mom and my Nana.

This is Mom and Josiah

This is Mom picking strawberries with Elijah




18 comments:

cooperkelly4 said...

this is priceless! Happy Birthday to you! ♥

Country Girl in the City said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Coby said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! Joshua, what a sweet way to honor your mom!

Farmgirl Cyn said...

You really ARE one of the best mom's I know, and I am proud to call you my friend and neighbor! Your children DO rise up and call you blessed! And I know for a fact that Brian also does so, AND praises you!
A woman after God's own heart.

I love you Michelle,

Cindy

Kela said...

What an awesome tribute!!! Happy Birthday!!!!!

Much love!

Amber Stoneburner said...

I agree with farmgirl! It is so amazing to see your children rise up and called you blessed! Happy birthday sweet lady! I hope you have a marvelous day!

Jenna said...

A very happy and blessed birthday to you, Mrs. G!

Hope to see you all very soon,
Jenna

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! Beautiful, touching post Joshua! What an amazing gift to your mom.

Gail LaCroix said...

What a beautiful gift from your son. Wishing you a most happy and blessed birthday!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday!! What a precious gift your son just gave you. Worth so much to a mama's heart. Praying for you today as you celebrate and are celebrated by those that love you so much!

Cranberry Morning said...

Sweet post! Your mom will love it. :-) How blessed you are to have her there.

Camille said...

Happy Birthday Michelle! How precious that you have children such as this who would write such lovely things about you! Trust your day was wonderful! :)

May the LORD draw you ever nearer to HIMSELF in the coming year. How blessed we are to belong to HIM!

Blessings,
Camille

Jeremiah 29:11-14a

Natalie said...

This totally made me cry, what a sweet son! You are awesome Michelle. I love you! :)

Ellen said...

Very sweet! Joshua...you have a dear Mamma who is a blessing to many. You are a blessed boy to have her.♥(I know you know that already by the sweet words you wrote about her)

Linda said...

Belated Happy Birthday Michelle! I didn't see this until today because I have had computers on the blink...but I am so glad I did see it.

That was such a beautiful tribute from your son for your special day! (:>)

I think you must be a wonderful momma!

Blessings!

Linda @ Truthful Tidbits

Cheryl said...

Happy belated Birthday! How sweet of your son, you can see that your family loves you so much!

busymomof10 said...

How Precious!!! Happy Belated Birthday!

Heather said...

This is so sweet! I pray my sons can write this about me one day! Happy birthday!