Monday, June 22, 2009

Marriage Monday "A True Wife"

I am going to be sharing quotes from a very good book called, "The Family" by J.R. Miller. It is a lovely book originally published in 1882! I have read many things by J.R. Miller, I love his writings. I hope you are encouraged and challenged by the following quote taken from "The Family"


"Every true wife makes her husband's interests her own. While he lives for her, carrying her image in his heart and toiling for her all the days, she thinks only of what will do him good. When burdens press upon him she tries to lighten them by sympathy, be cheer, by inspiration of love. She enters with zest and enthusiasm into all his plans. She is never a weight to drag him down; she is strength in his heart to help him ever to do nobler and better things."


She what I'm saying? Quite convicting, isn't it?


Questions to ask ourselves.


Do I make his interests my own?


When he is heavy laden do I try to lighten his load or am I bothered because I have my own burdens, thank you very much!?


Do I enter with zest into HIS plans?

4 comments:

Ellen said...

J.R. Miller is one of my favorites! I also have several of his books and they all have such a great message.

Cheesemakin' Mamma said...

This is very convicting. I was sure having a pity party last night. I really needed to see this post. Thank you, Holy Spirit!

Valencia Jones-Edwards said...

Very telling quote. It is a beautiful thing, when wives line up with the word of God and follow their role as helpmeet. I'm reading surrendered wife and it is a great book. I found a video on how far some wives surrender I posted today and it is extreme but they do what works for them.

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

Very convicting. I know exactly what I need to do to serve my husband, I just need to do it! Thank you!