Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Anxious For What?

What am I anxious about, just now?
Do I not trust in my Jehovah?
Am I not confident in Jehovah?
For He holds the world in His hands.
He holds my very breath.
He ordains my every step.
What is this trifle thing that seeks to cause unrest in my soul?
Has it possibly escaped the eye of my omniscient Father?
I think not!
He knows the way that I take. When He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold.
[Most] blessed is the man who believes in, trusts in, and relies on the Lord, and whose hope and confidence the Lord is.
For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters that spreads out its roots by the river; and it shall not see and fear when heat comes; but its leaf shall be green. It shall not be anxious and full of care in the year of drought, nor shall it cease yielding fruit.
(Jer. 17:7,8)

No comments: