Monday, December 29, 2008

Menu Plan Monday (Click Picture to Enlarge)


Welcome to the last Monday of the year! I hope you are blessed and helped by the way I do our menu plan. As you can see it not only has what we are having for each meal, but also the 'tasks' I need to do that day to keep on the plan.

One thing that helps immensely with a large family is to have certain meals be the same each week. I like variety in our dinners but our breakfasts and lunches pretty much stay the same. I might change them on the fly, but at least I have the standbys planned.

I have also included our yummy Baked Oatmeal that we have twice a week. It is so awesome! Have a great week and a happy New Year! Feel free to 'browse' around my blog, my heart is to encourage women, hopefully you will be blessed.

Baked Oatmeal (Nourishing Tradition Style)

Mix in a large bowl and soak overnight:

1 cup oil ( I use 1/2 butter and 1/2 coconut oil, or olive oil)
1 1/2 cup Rapadura ( or honey, use less)
6 cups Oats
1 tsp. Salt
1 T. Cinnamon
2 cups yogurt or kefir


In morning add:
4 eggs
4 tsp. Baking powder
1 T. vanilla
Flax Seed!

It is easier to just use your hands to mix this together. Spread into prepared cookie sheet and bake @ 375 for 30-40 minutes
You can add fruit, nuts or otherwise. Serve with raw milk. This recipe can be easily doubled.
See more menu plans here.


No comments: