Thursday, December 11, 2008

Little Ones Are Watching

Note to self: There are little ones watching your every move. What they see influences who they are and who they will become.

Today while doing school with my eleven year old son I was impatient and frustrated with his struggles with math. Why I get like that I do not know. I am supposed to be teaching him, not expecting him to know it all. As the Holy Spirit convicted me of my harshness I looked up and saw my sweet daughter looking at me. It was then I realized I am modeling for her how to parent and teach. What she saw today was NOT how I want her to be, ever.

Oh Lord, the responsibility of raising these children for You can be so overwhelming at times. Forgive me for the selfishness, the unlovliness, the harshness. Let them see Jesus in me. Help me to love and give of myself~generously, utterly and joyfully.

P.S. I need to go ask for forgiveness from that sweet little boy.

Do you sometimes blow it royally? Do you run to the Father for forgiveness and refreshing?

"Repent, then, and turn to God, so that your sins may be wiped out, that times of refreshing may come from the Lord" Acts 3:19

No comments: