Saturday, May 2, 2009

Rejoicing in the God of My Salvation!

My version of Habakkuk 3:17-19
Though the basement is flooded and the house is torn apart, though we are preparing the house for a graduation party (in 2 weeks), though the my back has been so bad lately and all of the children's clothes need organizing for the new season, and though life still goes and we still need to eat and wash laundry,

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord; I will exult in the [victorious] God of my salvation! The Lord God is my Strength, my personal bravery, and my invincible army; He makes my feet like hinds' feet and will make me to walk [not to stand still in terror, but to walk] and make [spiritual] progress upon my high places [of trouble, suffering, or responsibility]!
Now I know these things pale in comparison to what some of you might be dealing with, just sharing my last few days. :-)
What could you fill the first part of these verses with? Then, can you turn it around and put your hope and trust in your GOD!?

1 comment:

Connie said...

Michelle, you have so much going on - and back pain is a big hindrance. That is enough by itself, but a flooded basement as well - ouch. I will be praying for you.