Monday, January 31, 2011

Shepherding My Flock

While reading in 1 Peter 5 today I felt as though the Lord gave me my ‘to-do’ list for the day. Everyday, really, but a sweet gentle reminder to this mama, for today. I quickly wrote it down in my planner, on my Daily To-Do list.



Shepherd the flock of God which is among you, serving as overseers, not by compulsion but willingly, not for dishonest gain but eagerly; nor as being lords over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock . . .

and be clothed with humility, for “ God resists the proud,
But gives grace to the humble.”

Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you. (1 Peter 5:2-7: emphasis mine)



I understand this is speaking to “elders”, but it speaks to this mama too! So, my “To-Do” list for the day??

  • shepherd (feed, nourish, tend) my flock
  • willingly serve
  • be an example!
  • be clothed with humility
  • cast ALL of my cares on Him

Certainly there could be much more, but I shall start with this! Have an awesome day ‘shepherding’ your flock today!

No comments: