Thursday, December 3, 2009

Gluten Free and Low Carb Yumminess!

I have been experimenting with gluten free recipes as one of my children seems to have a sensitivity to wheat. I have found plenty of acceptable muffin/quick bread recipes. I have even found a satisfactory gluten free slicing bread recipe, though I haven't made it in a long time. I'm not even sure where it is to tell you the truth;-)

One thing that I have been unhappy with until now, is a substitute for pizza crust. Most recipes take way to many recipes to mess with and I am not happy with the results.

Enter my two new favorite gluten free pizza crusts that just so happen to be low carb! I personally am trying to avoid all grains and beans during this healing phase of adrenal fatigue.

I will give you the links to the recipes instead of posting them here. I made them exactly like the recipe directed and both of them were delicious! I think I liked the first one a little better, but it was more work. I like easy!

Tonight we had our wonderful 'Pesto Pizza'. I top our crust, home made whole wheat for most of the family, with homemade pesto, though store bought would be fine. Then leftover cooked chicken from Sunday's dinner, mozzarella cheese and sauteed mushrooms and onions for Mama and Papa. It is like gourmet pizza, I am not kidding!





Let me know what you think!

1 comment:

June Fuentes @ A Wise Woman Builds Her Home said...

Hello Michelle,

I enjoyed your recent article @ At the Well entitled 'Each Moment is Ripe with Eternal Destiny', would you mind if I shared this on my blog? I will give credit to you and link back as well. This is not meant to be published, but you may email me back at junefuentes@sbcglobal.net

Many blessings,

Mrs. June Fuentes