Saturday, January 3, 2015

Reading Through John (Ch. 1-3)

I am participating in a wonderful online bible study over at She Reads Truth. I plan to share just a few snippets from each chapter here, every few days.

In reading an overview of the gospel of John and in chapter 6:66, “many disciples turned back and no longer walked with Him” Jesus asked His disciples if they would turn away too. I LOVED Peter’s response, ‘Lord, to whom shall we go? Thou hast the words of eternal life. And we believe that thou art that Christ, the Son of the living God.’

My heart skips a beat as I remember a few extremely difficult times in the past when I wanted to run, I couldn’t take it anymore, it seemed. This road was so hard and so long. I remember coming to the exact conclusion that Peter did. Where else would I go? Jesus is the Living Word! He is the Christ, the living God! What other journey would I tread? With whom else would I go?

Just recently, the ‘journey’ in a particular area has seemed so very long and hard, the one He has chosen. Again, faced with the question, what are my options? My own way or His glorious plan. I choose HIM! His way! Mine is foolish and simple and self-focused.

John 1

v. 8. He was not the Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light!

v. 14 Jesus, full of grace and truth . . .

v.50 . . . thou shalt see greater things than these.

Father, as I look over the past year, I am I awe of what You have done and it is with great hope and expectancy that I look towards the new year! I say, Yes! Yes, Lord to all You have in store for me. Let me bear witness of Your Light to all I come in contact with. Here at home, in the hearts of my husband and children and in every single person I come across. Open my yes to see past the exterior into the deep of their heart that needs the Light of Jesus!

I come with open arms and hands, I say, YES, Lord, YES! I am Yours. A living epistle!

Freedom from all that holds me bound? Yes, Lord!

To loving the unlovely? Yes, Lord!

Speaking grace and truth? Yes, Lord!

All that You have, Lord, Yes!

John 2

What Jesus did here in Cana of Galilee was the first of the signs through which he revealed his glory; and his disciples believed in him. John 2:11

How gracious are you, Father, to understand we are but dust, and oftentimes it isn't until we see Your glory that we"believe" on You. We believe, help our unbelief. Give us eyes to see your manifest glory everywhere! And give us grace to believe in You, whether we see or not!

John 3

v. 29 . . . rejoices greatly because of the bridegroom’s voice.

Oh, Lord, how greatly it rejoices my heart to hear your voice!

No comments: