Thursday, January 1, 2015

My “Word” For 2015

My word for the New Year has been rattling around in my heart for almost two weeks now. It thrilled me, but felt so ‘unspiritual’. I know, silly. I kept asking God confirm it and kept suggesting more spiritual words, all to no avail. Nothing fit right. So here goes my heart this day.

Those dreams you have? You know, those ones tucked away in the back? Yeah, those. You have been afraid to dream. Life has been hard and you have been hurt. You have seen your dreams shattered in a million pieces. Years and years of hoping you’d see them come true. Your heart has become hard—you are so afraid to dream. You didn’t even realize it until now, but you don’t dream anymore. I’m not saying you don’t have a beautiful life and feel very blessed. I am talking about beyond all that, way in the corner of your heart. There are dreams and hopes you have that have long since been pushed back. These dreams? They seem impossible to achieve. Like they will never happen. You have tried to make them happen. You have prayed for God to bring them about. Years of clenched fists, tears streaming down your face that is turned towards heaven. I know. I really know.

Here is what I want you to know. He knows your dreams. He loves you in the craziest most amazing way! Maybe your dream needs refining. Maybe you aren’t ready for it. But I want to encourage you and challenge you to dare to dream! Dare to trust His love and goodness again. Let this be the year you reach way back in your heart, blow the dust off those dreams, and dream again.

I can’t promise you that they will all come true this coming year, but I can assure you that you will come alive in new ways if you just dare to dream. Would you like to join me this year? Dare to step out and trust Him with your dreams? You see, with men, this dream is impossible, but with God, ALL things are possible!

Take His hand, trust Him again. Let’s do this together, let’s chase our dreams this year!

Dream 2