Saturday, January 3, 2015

Are You Planning to Fail?

 

If I hope to even come close to my goals for this year, I need to do my part. I trust God will bring about the impossible, but I must make choices daily that reflect my goals, dreams and visions for my year, and my life, really. I am keenly aware that my times are not in my own hands and that it is the Lord that directs my steps. I know “If the Lord will, we shall live and do this or that.” (James 4:15)

Yet I also know I must do my part; I must follow where He leads. I must “Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure”. (Prov. 4:26)

It will mean choosing wisdom or the flesh, choosing to move when I want to sit, choosing to turn off the computer when escaping draws me away, choosing to study and work when I’d rather fritter my time away, to serve when I’d rather hide. One can dream and plan, but one must also ‘put feet’ to those dreams.

Have you ‘put feet’ to you goals? It is easy to say I will read my Bible more or exercise this year, but without a plan the dust accumulates on your Bible and your bum gets softer!

Are you willing to share how you have ‘put feet’ to your goals?

“Where there is no vision, the people perish.” (Prov. 29:18)

“If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.” – Benjamin Franklin

No comments: