Monday, November 5, 2012

Pure Grace

That is often the phrase I use to describe our marriage.  You see, people with pasts like ours shouldn’t have such beautiful, wonderful marriages.  If you really knew us, our weaknesses, you would wonder how we have the marriage we have too.

There is no other answer but, Pure Grace.  Only the grace of God can do what He has done in us.  Today is our 24th anniversary and I can honestly say that I am more in love with this man than I ever have been.

We have been through a lot together.  Some of the things we have been through can destroy marriages, but by the grace of God, ours was strengthened.  We marvel at how perfectly we ‘fit’ together, each with our own gifts and weaknesses that balance the other.

Don’t get me wrong, life is not all rainbows and sunshine.  We disagree, we rub each other the wrong way, and can be just plain old selfish.  But we say, ‘I’m Sorry’ a lot and hug and make up and forgive and move on.

So today, I am so incredibly thankful for the 24 years I have had married to the man of my dreams!

He doesn’t know this (so don’t say anything in the comments) but I am taking him on a whirlwind date today!  We will be stopping to all the important places from our past.  The place we got married, the house we lived in, where we first kissed, where we had all our babies, and more!  He will be blindfolded until we get to our destinations.  This should be a real trip for him!  Imagine, the wife driving and the husband blindfolded!  Maybe it won’t be so fun for him! Winking smile

Oh, and we are ending up at the same hotel we stayed at 24 years ago tonight.  We had the whirlpool room that night.  I do NOT like hot water, and we could not get the water cool enough, so this wonderful, newly married man, trucked down to the ice machine and brought back bucket after bucket of ice until the water temperature was perfect for his new bride.  If that was not a sign of the times to come, I don’t know what was! LOL.  Apparently from day one he has been laying down his life.

I love you Brian, you are such a gift to me.  One I cherish and appreciated every single day!

 

 

No comments: