Thursday, November 1, 2012

Points Well Taken

The Lord really spoke to my heart yesterday, yet again, setting His little girl straight.  Thankfully He doesn’t seem to tire of my stumbling, though I do.  I love how He lets me sort of ‘spin out’ a bit trying to do things my own way, and when I realize I simply cannot do it my way and cry out to Him, He is right there.  Ready to forgive, to pick up, dust me off and speak right to my heart.

The following quotes are from Ann Voskamp, Sally Clarkson and, of course, Oswald Chambers.  (man-o-mister, that guy can be a bit annoying sometimes, seems to read my mail and often!)  I don’t have the exact links to the quotes, sorry.  I select and print up post so I can read later, so I am not sure of the links.  Hope you don’t mind.

Live for this moment and this moment only . . . I am just thankful He is with me.

When we need peace, we only need to say yes to God’s purposes.

. . . so we must leave our burdens and stresses into His hands, climb into His lap and allow Him to be God-allow Him to direct our lives and show us how to let go of all that is not essential.

Let go and lean . . . lean back into Him . . . abandon all worries and abide in Christ . . . ALL IS WELL

The relief (peace) is in the release of everything into the hands of God.  Isn’t it all safer in His hands anyway?

Life’s an adventure when we move as He moves.

If the joy of the Lord is my strength, the oxygen that keeps me standing, why do I deprive myself of joy’s oxygen?

Ranting does not rejuvenate.

Let something steal your joy and you let something steal your strength.

Resting in the Lord is not dependent on your external circumstances at all, but on your relationship with God Himself. . .  Worrying always results in sin.   

Fretting rises from our determination to have our own way.  (ouch!!!)  Fretting is wickedness for a child of God.

Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him.

Yeah, I know, quite a bit for one day, don’t you think??  Each and every quote nailed exactly what was going on and I was brought, once again, to my knees in repentance.  Joy returns when we surrender to Him.  Perhaps I will remember that next time. Winking smile

1 comment:

Heaven's Walk said...

Don't you just love it when God speaks to your heart that way, Michelle? Happy or frustrating, when we recognize his voice...it's just so exciting! I adore Ann Voskamp. The more I read her moving words, the more I learn, the more I move towards God, and the more I lean back into his arms. Thank you for this beautifully inspiring blog, my sweet friend. You are a blessing. ♥

xoxo laurie