I think it is becoming abundantly clear that I like lists! I love to write things down. Seems like if a thought goes from my brain out my fingers, somehow it becomes more real, alive to me. I recently shared my “Do Not Think” list, as well as my Gratitude list.
Today I want to share a new list the the Lord has been leading me in during my quiet time. I think He sort of snuck it in there because it was days of doing it before I realized what it actually was.
. . . as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. (Mt. 8:13)
was very heavy on my heart one day in the midst of a struggle. I, at first, started trying to figure out what wrong thinking I was thinking that was causing these struggles. (I often times think I am doing something wrong, but I am overcoming this lie!!) As the days went by, the Lord began to give me scripture after scripture that I would write out as, “I believe . . .”
As the list grew and grew, I began to see what He was doing. By writing out what I believe, I was destroying old lies with the truth! We ALL have an abundance of lies that we listen to on a daily basis, I am sure.
The list continues to grow, and I highly encourage you to make an “I believe” list. It is strengthening my faith, renewing my mind and giving me a whole new picture of who I am and Who my God is. And while you are at it, speak them out loud so your mind can hear them. Faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God!
- I believe You’re my healer
- I believe many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the Lord delivers him from them all
- I believe if God be for me, who can be against me
- I believe the Spirit intercedes for me according to the will of God
- I believe that if I ask anything according to Your will, (which healing, deliverance, revelation, insight is) I know You hear me and I have what I have asked for
- I believe the Holy Spirit shall teach me all things, and bring all things to remembrance
- I believe the Angel of the Lord encamps round about me and delivers me
- I believe that as I seek the Lord I shall not lack any good thing
- I believe that the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and His ears are attentive to their cry
- I believe that as I cry, the Lord hears and delivers me out of all my troubles
- I believe the Lord is near to me, my heart is contrite before Him
- I believe the Lord delivers from danger the life of His servants (me) and none of them that take shelter and refuge in Him shall be held guilty.
- I believe You forgive all my iniquities
- I believe You heal all my diseases
- I believe You redeem my life from the pit
- I believe You crown (encircle) me with loving-kindness and tender mercies
- I believe You are merciful and gracious
- I believe you are slow to anger and plenteous in mercy
- I believe as heaven is high above the earth, so great is Your mercy toward me
- I believe as far as the east is from the west, that’s how far You have removed my transgressions from me
- I believe You cherish and love me deeply
- I believe You know my frame, I am but dust
- I believe You restore the years the locusts have eaten
- I believe You pour out You Spirit on our sons and daughters
- I believe I am Your workmanship, created in Christ Jesus
- I believe You have planned good works for me, that I should walk in them
- I believe You have chosen me, in Christ, before the foundation of the world, that I should be holy and blameless before You.
- I believe You have delivered me from the power of darkness
- I believe You have translated me into the kingdom of Your Son
- I believe I have redemption through Your blood, even the forgiveness of sins
- I believe You present me holy, blameless in Your sight
Do you want me to go on, or have I made my point?
This doesn’t have to be an extra thing you ‘have’ to do, it can just be as simple as writing out an ‘I believe’ that you find as you are reading through the bible in your quiet time. Imagine with me for just one moment, what peace, comfort, joy and victory could be had for each of our days if we actually meditated on these “I believe’s”!
This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. (Joshua 1:8)
So, anybody want to start an “I believe” list? If you do, share your list with me, I would love to see it.