Tuesday, March 29, 2011

His Thoughts Toward You!!

I was delighting in the Lord this morning and renewing my mind with just how very much He loves me. Like I mentioned in my post on guilt and shame, it is so important to renew our minds with Truth to wash away the lies and programming that we have believed for years.

I added the following to my “I believe” list and I will finish with something that put a huge smile on my face.

  • I believe You found me, led me, instructed me and have kept me as the apple of Your eye. (the very center of your attention) (Deut. 32:9-10)
  • I believe You have graven me upon the palms of Your hands.
  • I believe my walls are continually before You. (Isaiah 49:15-16)

I was about to write out Jeremiah 29:11 as one of my “I believes”, but I just had to study out some of the words.

Most of us are very familiar with this verse, but before you just toss it aside, let the words go deep. Believe them over all the lies of the enemy. Over all the circumstances of life that seem contrary. I am pleading with you to BELIEVE Him over what you see and feel. Refuse to let the enemy rob you of this truth.

For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

thoughts of peace popped off the page, remember our study on peace??

Shalom: health, security, tranquility, good condition, success, comfort.

Shalom expresses completeness, harmony, fulfillment.

Thoughts: imaginations, intentions, purpose, plan.

Listen to what this is saying about your God and His thoughts towards you!!! Also, remember this . . .

How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!

If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee. (Psalm 139:17-18)

So, the great sum--more than the sand--thoughts, imaginations, intentions, purposes and plans the Lord has towards YOU are HEALTH, SECURITY, TRANQUILITY, GOOD CONDITION, SUCCESS, COMFORT, COMPLETENESS, HARMONY, FULFILLMENT!

I don’t know about you, but I think if I could just really take that in and believe that instead of what I see or feel my whole world would be rocked! Once again, stop defining what I think about God by what I see and define it by what the Word says! This is His heart toward us. Let’s stop questioning His heart. Refuse to believe anything else. When the ‘yeah, buts’ come, which they may have already, cast them down and take them captive!!

Shalom to you, my sisters! Shalom!

1 comment:

Kati Potratz said...

I am choosing to believe.