Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Marching Orders For Mama



My marching orders for today!

"Therefore, you will fully know them by their fruits." (Matthew 7:20)

I want my fruit to show Jesus!


I give you a new commandment: that you should love one another. Just as I have loved you, so you too should love one another. By this shall all men know that you are My disciples, if you love one another [if you keep on showing love among yourselves]. (John 13:34-35)


How has Jesus loved me? How can I love the people (my children and husband) in my world that same way? What does loving one another like Jesus love me look like? He laid down His life. He sacrificed. He served.


Above all things have intense and unfailing love for one another, for love covers a multitude of sins [forgives and disregards the offenses of others]. (1 Pt. 4:8)


How can I cover the multitude of sins I will surely face today with love?

BRETHREN, IF any person is overtaken in misconduct or sin of any sort, you who are spiritual [who are responsive to and controlled by the Spirit] should set him right and restore and reinstate him, without any sense of superiority and with all gentleness, keeping an attentive eye on yourself, lest you should be tempted also. (Gal. 6:1)


If I am to be the Spirit led mama today, how shall I correct and restore those in my life today? With humility and gentleness. With intense love. Without attitude.


(This verse convicts me just now as I found myself scolding in a very harsh tone my daughter who was scolding a sibling in a very harsh tone. Hmmm, wherever did she get the idea to handle a situation like that?! I laughed out loud when I realized I was doing the exact thing I was rebuking her for! I repented.)


Off to be a 'doer of the Word', Lord helping me! I can do all things through Christ Who strengthens me, right?

8 comments:

Wanting What I Have said...

Wishing I could soak you up for a day! Thank you for the encouraging words you shared.

Also, after your comment about the chocolate - I checked the label...NO HFCS! Can you believe that? Not saying magic shell is healthy by any means, but I was floored. Let me know if you come up with an alternative! I'm all about trying to make healthy changes and healthy habits!

cooperkelly4 said...

this is soooo true, especially with little ones around.
J-I have a recipe for homemade magic shell using coconut oil. Let me see if I can find it. You can find me here in case I forget. (lol, we are traveling today and tomorrow!)
http://lovinglifeslittlemoments.blogspot.com/
I am pretty sure it is just good chocolate, and coconut oil, but let me find it for sure. =0)and no HFCS

cooperkelly4 said...

I found it!
Magic Shell
I melt a bag of choc chips and maybe 2-3 tbls of coconut oil- must use
coconut oil. This "works" because coconut oil is a solid just below room
temp- so when it hits the cold ice cream it makes the shell.... MAGIC! :) just reheat for a couple of seconds in microwave to soften again for next serving.

Camille said...

Dear Michelle ~ What an encouraging post...how precious that the WORD of God deals with EVERYTHING and gives us exactly what we need for every situation! We have been reading through Psalm 119 and it has been a blessing to see that it speaks entirely of God's Word and the benefits it affords to us...His people! PRECIOUS!!

Love to you today!
Camille

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

J, we could spend the day together,but you have to bring dessert!

Kelly, thanks for the recipe, that will be so fun. A 'healthy' way to have a treat. Unlike the bazillion s'mores I had yesterday!! (grin)

Camille, Isn't His Word so amazing?! I am loving Psalm 119 right now also! So practical and encouraging. I have written out many verses in prayer form from Ps. 119

cooperkelly4 said...

You are welcome. You may have to adjust those measurements, for some reason I remember needing to add more oil. It has been awhile. Yum s'mores. We are gf here (trying to add the healthy whole wheat back in) and I made some tasty gf graham crackers, used marshmallows from Whole Foods (no hfcs!) and chocolate bars.....so good! S'mores are summer. =0)

Stacie, A Firefighter's Wife said...

I'm so glad you are finding joy again! Praise be to our God who loves to heal. "Jehovah Rapha" our healing God. Love you!

Unknown said...

I love this post, esp your comment about doing the very same thing you're correcting your children for doing....because just a day or two ago, I found myself shouting at my children for shouting too much, lol. Like you, I was instantly convicted by the Holy Spirit, repented, and apologized to my poor children (who must surely wonder some days if Mama is off her rocker).

Please keep sharing what the Lord has taught you! It is doing me a world of good. Good examples (in the spirit of Titus 2) are hard to come by these days. :)