Monday, May 10, 2010

Favorite Cabbage Salad (video)

This is our Favorite Cabbage Salad. I had a blast making the video with the children. It is so easy and so yummy. It makes a big batch and will last in the fridge for several days, if you can keep it for that long. I am always on the hunt for easy, go-to raw veggie recipes. This one fits the bill! Below the video you will find the typed recipe. Enjoy!


P.S. I let the video run a few extra seconds so you could see those littles continue to gobble it up. They love it. Also, when I was reviewing the video after shooting it, my little Elijah crawled up and grabbed a fork and began shoveling it in. You would think I didn't feed these children!






Favorite Cabbage Salad


2 heads shredded cabbage, red or green or both


3 apples, shredded


Poppy Seeds


Raw Apple Cider Vinegar


Olive Oil


Salt and Pepper


(a glug of maple syrup) I did not add this in on the video, but it does help to round out the flavor.


Soaked and dried sunflower seeds for serving.


Super Easy!

I apologize to all you measurers out there. ;-)

7 comments:

Farmgirl Cyn said...

THIS sounds and looks delicious! Course I will be using much less cabbage, since we are smaller in numbers over here!

Anonymous said...

I love watching your children in the videos. They're always so well behaved...ALWAYS, right? ~smile~ You all look like you're having fun!

I make something similar, including the poppy seeds, but we also add grated carrot and sometimes walnuts.

I don't own a food processor, but I don't have to grate too much, since it's mostly hubby and me here. Thanks for sharing a yummy recipe! It's a great accompaniment to a summer BBQ.

Country Girl in the City said...

That looks yummy. I'm going to give it a try and I can only hope my little munchkins will eat it too!!

The FitzGerald Family said...

What a fun video and a great recipe. I'm eager to try it. Loved watching you and your taste testers!

Country Girl in the City said...

I made this for supper last night, really hoping the kids would like it, but they refuse to eat it after one bite. The good news is that hubby, who does not like salad, really liked this one!! He was even adding seasoning to it before supper to get it to a taste that he liked.

Thanks for the recipe.

Margaret

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe and the wonderful video with fabulous children.

Anonymous said...

I have a hard time measuring also and have to force myself when I blog. More power to you for doing it your way.