Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Bible Study Help for the 21st Century

I love to study God's Word. For several years now, I have used these books to study the Greek and Hebrew meanings to words in scripture. I love them, except for their size. You occasionally would find me in my quiet time chair with my bible, and one or two of these books in in my lap. I would go back and forth from the scripture to the dictionary and back to scripture.


Brian discovered this Interlinear Scripture Analyzer for your computer. I was resistant at first because I love my books and I am a little resistant to change. I know, I know, I'm the only one who is ;-) If I am being honest, I was a bit prideful thinking that somehow my way was more scholarly. You know, somehow books made ME smarter. I have repented. ;-)

I now LOVE this software. It is free and it is so easy to use. Obviously this would not work so well if I didn't have a laptop that I can have at my fingertips. I haven't even begun to tap into all that it must do. To be honest, I don't know what else it is used for. I just look up the verse I want to study and right there, with just a few clicks of the mouse I can find the Strong's number and the definition of the word. Either Greek for the New Testament or Hebrew for the Old Testament. I love it.
You can download it for FREE! Just click the link and download the main ISA, and get started! You may also add the Concordant Literal Version and the Young's literal translation. Let me know what you think or what you use!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for posting this, but when I go to the site to download it, I get all kinds of errors and warnings! I have sent a message to the site support team to find out if I can get it or not......thanks anyway!!

Michelle (She Looketh Well) said...

Thank you Peaceful, I think I fixed the links! Note to self: check the links before posting!!
;-)

Unknown said...

New Follower here! LOVE your blog & love your families! My husband comes from a family of 8! :) We are just starting our family... Our son is 8 months old! :) Hope to become better friends in this BLOG COMMUNITY!

Cranberry Morning said...

Okay, you've convinced me. I've gotta check into this software. I, like you, am so drawn to books. I can hold, feel, smell, and just look at their beauty. Good grief!! ;-) Thanks for the post.

Ellen said...

I adore books and have a stash at my bedside...they tend to pile up but to me..it's perfectly wonderful!:)
I wanted to share....I feel the Lord opens doors to meet others for His better purpose..sometimes we may wonder why....then it all comes out..today,...my husband was diagnosed with Adrenal fatigue...I have read about it in your blog and had shared with him about you even before we knew anything of what was causing his symptoms....I want to thank you for the many times you shared your heart..even if you were so tired...you came on here encouraging..sharing and praying for others....it has been a pleasure to meet you through your blog Michelle! I am thankful for how the Lord used you...so many times.May He bless you this day!♥

busymomof10 said...

I like to use blueletterbible.org. It has each passage available to read in multiple versions, and also has the Strong's # and definitions readily available. I will have to look into the software you suggest to see how they compare.