Monday, September 14, 2015

What Am I Filled Up With?

A few of the verses I have been reading of late and some tough questions I have asked myself.

Blessed is the man
Who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly,
Nor stands in the path of sinners,
Nor sits in the seat of the scornful, (Psalm 1:1)

Where do I stand in the path of sinners and sit in the seat of scorners? The Lord has revealed a few areas where I have spent my time with 'sinners and scorners' and I have no influence on them, so why do I stay? I have since changed this.

The wise woman builds her house
But the foolish pulls it down with her hands. (Pr. 14:1)

This one stung as He showed me the areas where I was actually tearing down my 'house'. Little areas and behavior that I hadn't even realized the ramifications.

. . . but the prudent man looketh well to his going AND She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness.

VERY convicting once I thought about it for a nano-second.

. . . My word hath no place in you . . . (John 8:37)

But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

My heart is 'right' with God. I do so love Him and His word. BUT, have I filled my heart and mind up with so much 'stuff' that there is no room, no place for His word in my heart and life? It's not that I don't 'want' to be in His word more, it's just that I am so filled up with other things, there just seems to be no room for Him. They may be very , very good things, but are they if they take the place of Him?

Some of the women I work on nutrition with will tell me, I have no room for the protein I am supposed to eat. I always ask them what they are eating that is taking up the room that protein should rightfully have. We usually find something they are eating instead. Same goes for any healthy food. If you are filled up with junk, or even 'less than optimal' food choices, you will never have room for the good stuff. OR, "I just can't eat in the morning." Really? Try skipping dinner a few nights, I bet you begin to wake up hungry.  I hope you see my analogy. When we are so filled up with other things there is no room for Him. I am reevaluating many 'things' in my life at the moment.
Just some random verses that are speaking to me at the moment.

No comments: