Friday, February 6, 2015

When You Want To Run Away

Do you ever feel like you just want to run away? Like, if you could just get away from this circumstance, or that one, all would be fine? Yeah, me too.{sigh} But here is what I quickly realized. No matter where I could run, "I" would still be there. I have this a lot. I feel like God is saying, oh, you could run away, but sweet Michelle, YOU will still be there. The struggles you are dealing with are not so much outside circumstances, but are heart issues.

I'm reminded, once again . . .

that His grace is always sufficient
that He is ALWAYS with me
that He loves me with an ever-lasting love
that I am safe under the shadow of His wings
that He ALWAYS leads me in triumph
that NOTHING can separate me from His love
that He hears my cry
that He answers the cry of my heart
that He is my help and my shield
that the Lord is on my side
that He is my refuge and strength
that the Lord of hosts is with me

I am reminded that discouragement, despair, hopelessness, fear, doubt, feeling 'ugly' inside, self hatred, insecurity, jealousy, bitterness, unforgiveness, resentment, anxiety, joylessness, lost-ness, unrest, turmoil, discord, agitation, rejection, obsession, drivenness, pushed, unhappy, unloved, feeling unimportant, irrelevant, worthless, bound, broken-hearted, heavy-hearted . . .

NONE of these are apparel fit for or heart conditions or mind-controlling thoughts for a Daughter of God. They are ALL from the father of lies. Every-single-one of them are from the enemy. We get to choose, walk in them today, or not. They only have the power over us that we let them. This is a hard one for me to swallow, 'yeah, but' rises up in my heart, but I know it is true, WE CAN CHOOSE.

Father, helps us to discern YOUR voice today and that of the enemy. Thank you that You lead us in victory, that You paid for our freedom, that You love us, have chosen us, have made us holy and blameless in YOUR sight. Helps us to see that our 'feelings' are just that, feelings. We can take them captive just like we can take our thoughts captive. I pray, Father, that You would be the lifter of our heads and hearts today, and that You would open our eyes to the true beauty You surround us with. Strengthen us, O Lord, to walk in Truth today. In Jesus name!

10246450_579445655487319_5103228925024065271_n

No comments: