Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Word of the Year 2014

WORD for 2014:
Usually it seems as though my “WORD” comes to me at the last minute. This year, it has been stirring for weeks.

When my mind swirls with fears and insecurities, I hear, “Be Still and Know”. Shhhhh, stop the striving and just know that He is right here and in control.

When faced with my own weaknesses, “Be Still and Know” that you are the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus!

When I feel so far from God and my mind races, “Be Still and Know” that He will never leave me nor forsake me. KNOW that He is Jehovah-Shammah, the Lord who is there.

When so much ‘bad’ happens and the heaviness crushes any hope of it changing, “Be Still and Know” that He works ALL things together for the good of those who love Him.

The phrase, “Be Still” speaks to me of calming, quiet, shhhh, stop, cease. As if to put a finger over one’s mouth, shhh, calm your soul.

The phrase, “And Know” tells me to remember who HE is, who I am in Him and who He is in each and every situation. He is always good and I am always loved.

I don’t know about you, but my mind can take me from 0-60 in a nanosecond. The thoughts just swirl and overwhelm and I feel like my Father is saying to me, Shhhhh, quiet, just be still, and KNOW what the Truth is in this situation. Calm and peace returns.

So, in case you are still wondering, my WORD, is actually WORDS, “Be Still and Know” I also love another version, Cease striving and know that I am God.

There is still time, if you want to share your WORD for 2014, feel free to share it.

Happy New Year, friends, so thankful for each of you!!

No comments: