Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Is He Lord AND Savior?

I recently listened to a message on the Lordship of Jesus Christ.  I was quite challenged with this message and the question of whether I have made Him, or allowed Him to actually be LORD over my life, every area.

I think we all sign up for the ‘Savior’ part of the deal, but how do we really feel about the ‘Lord’ part?  If ‘Lord’ means boss, ruler, the one in charge, Master . . . a person who has authority, control, or power over others, chief, ruler, is He indeed ‘LORD’ of our lives?

I don’t know about you, but in several areas of my life I apparently think I can handle this one.  “Thanks, Jesus, but I have this one covered”, seems to be my mindset.  Oh, it wasn’t that obvious, it took some light from the Holy Spirit. 

I have been a wee bit shocked as He has revealed to me areas that I have not submitted to Him.  Things I would rather hold on to, mostly because of a lack of trust in His ability to handle it the way I want Him too.  Ouch.

I challenge you to get quiet before Him and ask Him if there are areas you have not submitted to Him.  You might be surprised at what you see, I sure was.

I love what He is showing me.  I love the refreshing repentance brings.  I love the peace and joy that comes when I am submitted to Him and trust Him for the very things that I have held on to so tightly.  It feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders each time. 

If you would like to listen to the message that started this in me several weeks ago, you may do so.  Just a heads up though, the actual service the message is from starts out with  35 minutes of worship that I did not listen to, so I can’t vouch for that part.  I have been so blessed by these messages, but I always fast forward to the teaching, skipping the worship.  (just my opinion)  It’s called, “More Than a Savior”  You do need to download it to fast forward.  I think fast forwarding about 37 minutes is where the message starts.  A simple, but powerful message.

Let me know your thoughts!  Have a blessed day.

No comments: