Wednesday, May 11, 2011

I Am Done Waiting

What am I waiting for?!  I have been “waiting” for years.  Waiting for what?  Waiting for life to be . . . “perfect” . . . “normal” . . . or “whatever”, to be happy.

How many more years will go by before I realize that there is no “perfect” or “normal” or {{{fill in the blank}}}.

The lie is that When . . .

  • when my children obey
  • when I lose weight
  • when I get pregnant
  • when I get married
  • when my house stays clean
  • when my house stays picked for longer than a nano-second
  • when it is quieter
  • when life slows down
  • when I feel better
  • when the children are grown
  • when we make more money
  • when I have time for friends
  • when my husband treats me better
  • when the weather get nice

When . . . When . . . When . . . !!

The truth is, today, right now, the mess, the crazy, the loud is really what I have been waiting for, I just don’t realize it.  You, Lord, are right here, Jehovah Shammah, the Lord Who is there. 

All the circumstances that I long to be ‘just so’ will only be morphed into other circumstances I long to be ‘just so’.

I am done waiting!  I am dancing, NOW.  I am laughing, NOW.  I am seeing, NOW.  I am ‘smelling the roses’.  Tip-toeing through the tulips.  Seizing the day.  No more waiting, You are already here, and You are truly all I need.

You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth."
William W. Purkey

Care to join me?  Let’s end the waiting and embrace the NOW!  Let’s dance and sing and spin with praises for our God, what have we got to lose?

11 comments:

Unknown said...

YES!!!!!!! Can you hear me agreeing with you at the top of my lungs! :) This is exactly what I have been striving for. I'm printing this one off and putting it in my prayer journal! Thanks, so much, you put into words what I have been feeling!

Linda said...

I hear ya sister!
Go for it!!!

Love ya!
Linda

Anonymous said...

"Today, right now... is really what I've been waiting for"-- good words. It'll never be perfect. Excellent post-- and I like your enthusiasm!

Anonymous said...

Oh how I know that song and dance...I waited a bit late in life to stop singing and dancing to that song ....Praise the Lord ...for it was a miracle of freedom....to live today as God gives me today ....pleasure or pain .....I will rejoice for this is the day the Lord has made!
Enjoyed your posting this morning!

busymomof10 said...

This is So Very True. Life never gets any easier! The Best Time to Rejoice in God's Gooodness and enjoy life is NOW! Love you! :)

Regan Family Farm said...

Oh Michelle, I am REALLY wanting this to be reality, not just me saying "amen,sister" yet again. Love you~
Kathy

Anonymous said...

thank you so much for this!!

Tami @ This Mom's Delight said...

This came at a perfect time... (I was waiting.)

Along the way said...

This is what i needed! Thank you

Lovin' Life said...

What an encouraging post! Thank you for sharing this! I very much needed to hear it.

Jenny said...

I love this! So happy to have found your blog. I am a mommy to 7 precious ones and have a blog to encourage mothers as well.
amothersheritage.com

Blessings!