Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Closing of a Year

Today marks the closing of the year 2009. I’m always a little sentimental at the end of a year as I look back and see all the Lord has done in my life. I marvel at the endless mercy He provides each morning. I’m humbled that His grace has carried me through yet another year. I love to look back and remember the tears, the joys, the pain, the laughter, the sin, the grace (abounding grace ;-).


I’m thankful that He leads me and seems to almost stretch me too far (in my opinion), yet He knows my frame and remembers that I am but dust. I’m in awe of how perfectly He “Fathers” me; disciplines me and loves me. I am forever amazed at how He skillfully blends joy and sorrow to make and mold me into the image of His Son.


O Lord, wonderful are Your works and that my soul knows well. O Lord I feel as though my very heart could burst with praise, love, thanksgiving, and adoration.

Great and mighty is the Lord – Praise Him all you peoples – Praise Him – Come magnify the Lord with me!


Tomorrow, a look forward!

No comments: